1 July 2000 - August 31, 2000
- Sincerely hope the killer is found and punished.
Monday, August 28, 2000 @ 10:58:53 EST
- This entire story sucks. The Skakel family sucks and the Gramm family sucks and quite frankly I hope they all go to hell.
Sunday, August 27, 2000 @ 22:58:19 EST
- Excellent website! I am lucky enough to live near Dominic Dunne- author of A Season in Pergatory, and friend of Mark Fuhrman, author of Murder in Greenwich. This case has been in the forefront of my mind for months. Thanks!
Monica W. Selmont
East haddam, CT US
Sunday, August 27, 2000 @ 21:56:29 EST
- Excellent website. Very interesting reading. Thorough and concise.
West Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Sunday, August 27, 2000 @ 16:27:25 EST
- Just wanted to say that my heart goes out
to Martha's family.Death of a child is hard enough as it is,but unsolved cases such as these
are even harder.I pray that one day justice will
be served and that the person resposible pays for his crime.Hopefully that will be sooner than we think.But in the meantime I just wanted to say that my prayers are with you.
Tuesday, August 22, 2000 @ 17:35:51 EST
- Amen that skakel is going to trial. Let's hope it's in adult court. I wish that the people who knew the truth and didn't speak up could be prosecuted as well. I hope that Mrs. Moxley and John can find peace.
Enfield, CT US
Tuesday, August 22, 2000 @ 14:11:31 EST
- Been so appreciative of this site...after reading Mark's book about Martha and her story, and being a follower of many true crime stories...I find this site to be one of the best that follows unsolved crimes...thank you!
Justice will prevail...even if it takes alittle longer than we would like..because of people like this webmaster who care!!
Longview, WA US
Saturday, August 19, 2000 @ 14:31:41 EST
- Thank you to all the Moxley family for your pursuit of the truth. I pray your fight for justice is over soon.
Thank you too to Mr. Furman and Mr. Dunne who kept the public stirred up over this with their excellent books.
Arlington, TX US
Saturday, August 19, 2000 @ 09:46:26 EST
- Martha's death is a tragedy that deserves closure. My thoughts
and prayers are with Dorthy and John. Please keep your strength up in order to see the upcoming trial through to a conclusion. Mark Fuhrman deserves much credit for bringing this case to national attention through his book.
Manassas, VA US
Sunday, August 13, 2000 @ 01:05:03 EST
- I have just finished reading Mark Fuhrman's book about Martha Moxley. After reading it I am so digusted of how not only was an innocent girl murdered, but the police of Greenwich seemed to let it slip through the cracks. I knew there were problems with our judicial system, but hearing this story just puts it more into perspective. I will definetly keep a close eye on news of this. Reading the book just makes me want to be involved somehow to help. I do commend Mark Fuhrman on writing this book despite what obstacles came in his way.
I would also like to commend the Moxley's for after all these years not giving up their daughter. I couldn't imagine how devastating this could have been having a daughter myself. I give my sincerest regards to them and hope they find some peace in somebody being prosecuted for this horrible crime.
Tuesday, August 08, 2000 @ 01:00:40 EST
- We never knew anything of Martha nor the circumstances surrounding her death until reading Marks book recently. Not only were neither of us born during the year of her tragic death, but until reading the book i don't believe that either of us had ever come across such a devastating and truly pointless waste of life. Obviously neither of us understand the pain and grief you must have felt, and to this day are still feeling. We are sorry that this has happened to you and wish you good luck in the future. Hopefully justice will be done and we are thinking of you.
Sam and Nikki
Friday, August 04, 2000 @ 14:35:04 EST
- I was also 15 in 1975 and I remember the innocent of the time. When you could trust your nieghbor.Martha did not deserve what happen to her nor does anyone. So she had a crush on two boys who happen to be brothers she did'nt to die because of that did'nt we all have a million crushes at 15. I read Mark Furhmans book and if you don't believe what he is saying then something is wrong with you. But also remember that the Skakels were only related to the Kennedys by mariageand only related to Robert Kennedys children there are several good Kennedys around like Pres. Kennedys children God bless John Jr. But I understand that 99% of are rich people do get away with murder let's pray to God that this s.o.b does not.
tempe, az US
Sunday, July 30, 2000 @ 21:45:45 EST
- Dorthy, our thoughts and prayers are still with you and John. God has given you an amazing amount of strength to go through this all these years, but we can see the end of the tunnel now, can't we? Love to you. . .
Houston, Tx US
Sunday, July 30, 2000 @ 16:28:39 EST
- I have recently moved to Connecticut from Iowa. I have no recolation of ever hearing about the Martha Moxley murder. I believe that my first exposure to the incident was seeing Mark Fuhrman's book. As an avid reader, I thought it looked interesting. I have never been so engrossed nor moved as I have been by this book. I have read other books along the same lines, but never felt like becoming involved. Since reading the book, I have been consumed with finding as much information as possible.
One prevelant theme I have noticed in the majority of comments is Skakels money and the fact that those with money and poser can get away with "murder". As a terminal member of the middle class, I think i have a point that everyone should consider. A middle class person gets pulled over for DWI they loss their license, pay a fine and begs for rides. A rich person gets a slap on the wrist and a chaufer. I think that it is time that the majority (middle class) take control of our destiny. Contact your Congressman, Senator, Court System, anyone in power and let them know how you feel. Tell that you do not think that anyone (Skakel) with enough money should get preferential treatment. Skakel should be tried as an adult, convicted as an adult and put in a jail with other adult murders. Anyone with an IQ above a rock should be able to put the facts together in Fuhrman's book and know the truth.
Finally to Dorothy and John and their families. Please keep the faith, although Martha left us to soon, she can at least rest easy knowing that the perpatrator of the violence shall soon get what he deserves. That should be the same treatment that he gave Martha, but our society will not allow that. His life to be spent behind bars and never tasting freedom is the least the only appropiate thing that our society will allow and the only thing that should be considered. Dorothy, John, our prayers and love go out to you, and in our words, please feel the compassion and understanding that we share with you. Please keep the faith and know that your circle of friends grows every time someone hears about what has happened.
Danbury, ct US
Sunday, July 30, 2000 @ 00:10:23 EST
- I have just finished Mark Furhman's book that I could not put down. When I turned the page to the pictures I almost fainted because my mother looks just like her. As I put my hand on her face in the book I began to cry. I could not believe that something could happen to such a beautiful girl. I have been a fan of Furhman's since the Simpson trial and I don't think they could have picked a better person to write this book. I believe that if Furman would have been on this case 25 years ago it would have been solved. Furhman is not the type of person to let money influence him. Its too bad we can't say the same thing about the Greenwich Police. I would just like to know if the people who are keeping information about what happened that night would feel if the shoe was on their foot and it was their child and people (the police in Greenwich) keep it a secret and allowed a powerful family buy them off. If the police made some mistakes and were embarrassed then they should have tried to make it right and cooperated with Furhman (an experienced detective) and get the story straight. I'm so sorry for the Moxley family and hope that they can finally get some closure. May GOD bless you.
Joanna L. Ford
Fresno, CA. US
Saturday, July 29, 2000 @ 20:23:00 EST
- Like Martha, I too was 15 in 1975, so this tradgedy really hits close to home. Like him or not, Mark Furman deserves much of the credit for bringing Martha's case to the public's attention with a book I found impossible to put down. I sincerely hope the legal system will do the right thing by convicting and punishing the pond scum that committed this mindless atrocity.
T. E. Dalferes
Arlington, TX US
Thursday, July 27, 2000 @ 20:23:04 EST
- I hope Marthas' killer soon
meets the devil.
Calistoga, CA US
Saturday, July 22, 2000 @ 03:36:18 EST
- I read Timothy Dumas' book about Martha Moxley about 5 years ago and ever since, I've felt compelled to find out as much information as i can. Martha was a beautiful girl and to have taken her life away is a real tragedy. The Skakel family will get whats coming to them, i have no worry.
Corner Brook, NF Canada
Friday, July 21, 2000 @ 23:02:34 EST
- I just wanted to say I hope Martha's killer is convicted and that I read Mark Furhman's book and thought it was both sad and informative. I hope somehow her family can find some sort of peace. Sincerely, PoetMash
Crystal, MN US
Thursday, July 20, 2000 @ 23:12:27 EST
- I was only 6 years old when this happened-I knew nothing of it until I read Mark Fuhrman's book. The story has haunted me ever since. What a terrible tragedy. I have prayed for justice to be served upon Michael Skakel. How he has lived with himself this long I will never understand. May Martha rest peacefully knowing the wheels of justice are FINALLY turning. I wish her family and friends Peace,Hope and Strength. God Bless.
Fort Wayne, IN US
Wednesday, July 19, 2000 @ 20:35:51 EST
- Eeek...I spelled my cousin's name wrong. Cara is what it's supposed to be. And hi to Little C and David.
Tuesday, July 18, 2000 @ 16:02:22 EST
- I am a 15 year old girl who feels this tradgey most deeply. Martha's brother John, married a cousin of mine. I see him each year with her and there children. Sometimes I even watch the kids. All I can say is please, God, bless John, Dorthy, K and the children.
Drexel Hill, pa US
Tuesday, July 18, 2000 @ 15:44:36 EST
- i am 14 and can't imagine as young as i am what it would be like to be killed so brutally and then have my killer, in spite of no-contest evidence, actually get away with it because of those stupid Kennedys! Michael will burn in hell. Martha was clearly a beautiful girl inside and out and justice will be served in the next life no matter what happens. Christ bless the Moxleys!
charleston, sc US
Monday, July 17, 2000 @ 03:14:38 EST
- I was a friend of Martha's at Western Junior High in 1974-75. I'm now reading Fuhrman's book...and I cannot put it down. I later attended the Putney school with one of the Kennedys...
Look at the horrible stuff that happened and continues to happen to this "prominent" family! This is called Karma. and they are getting just what they deserve for being liars and elitist snobs. Look at the Skakels long list of pain and disasters...this is what happens when you lie and murder. I would not be suprised if these 2 guilty brothers(yes they are both guilty) commit suicide....I hope they do. How can they live with this? Did some pathetic catholic priest say god forgives you??
I'm angry...but I know justice has already been served...because they are living in hell already.
telluride, co US
Saturday, July 15, 2000 @ 23:07:56 EST
- My hope is justice for the Moxleys.
Roncy Marie Denton
Roncy Marie Denton
Bexley, Oh US
Friday, July 14, 2000 @ 23:39:41 EST
- For about the past year I've kept up on the story and truely hope that Skakel with all his families money and influence gets what he deserves(eye for an eye). Dorthy Moxley my prayers are with you.
Torrington, C.T US
Friday, July 14, 2000 @ 16:13:31 EST
- The Kennedys had better be very careful about making statements declaring Michael Skakel innocent. If they don't, they will be in for a rude awakening at the backlash that will follow.
There are serious, genuinely disturbing discepancies in Michael Skakel's statements to investigators. The Kennedys will not be able to affect public opinion, at least for any thinking person, in this case, the way they did in the '91 rape trial. The days of the Kennedys having that kind of influence over the public are long gone-due to their own behavior. If they think they can just show up to the trial and have their mere presence help the defendant, tehy are sadly mistaken.
The Moxleys' dignified yet determined attitude is what people will support.
Cambridge, MA US
Friday, July 14, 2000 @ 14:15:03 EST
- I grew up in Greenwich and was a friend of John's. I pray that justice is finally served. I am continually impressed by John and Mrs. Moxley's grace. Thank you for your example.
Albuquerque, NM US
Wednesday, July 12, 2000 @ 15:47:30 EST
- Just finished Furman's book for the second time. My empathy for the Moxley family and Martha's friends often overwhelms me. Why did this happen? To you all: Know in your hearts that in the end, God's justice will prevail. Peace be with you.
OKLA CITY, OK US
Wednesday, July 12, 2000 @ 15:12:23 EST
- THANK YOU TOM FOR THIS WEBSITE. I HAVE READ THE FUHRMAN AND DUMAS BOOKS, AND I SALUTE THE COURAGE IT TOOK TO WRITE ABOUT THIS CASE AND TO HOPEFULLY GET JUSTICE DONE AT LAST. BEST WISHES TO THE MOXLEYS. YOUR COURAGE AND ENDURANCE ARE TRULY AN INSPIRATION TO ME. ALL EVIDENCE POINTS STRAIGHT TO MICHAEL AND TOMMY. HANG IN THERE.
MARGO C. MORRISON
MARIETTA, GA US
Wednesday, July 12, 2000 @ 11:38:36 EST
- I have read the book 'Who Killed Martha Moxley' by Mark Fuhrman, and it became a great interest to me since I read it a few months ago. I'm only seventeen myself, and fifteen was two years ago, and for a young girl's life especially to be taken away like Martha's was, who's life was just starting out, shouldn't go as unnoticed as it did. Finally, after all those years and with evidence around just being worn away over the years, it seems that things might finally come together. I've got my fingers crossed that this terrible person that took Martha's life away almost 25 years ago, will soon be punished. It's about time wouldn't ya say? Best wishes and love to Dorthy and John Moxley who have both suffered so much pain.
Tuesday, July 11, 2000 @ 18:12:24 EST
- at the time of marthas death i remember reading about it in the daily news i was a juniour at white plains high school at the time it hit me hard seeings she was my age or one or two years younger than myself i just couldnt believe it as the years pass as we all know we tend to forget certain things that weve either read about or have seen in our lifetimes after reading mark furmans bookand mr dumasses account of what happend that night it brought it all back to me that poor innocent girl that didnt have a chance to become or shall i say blossom into the beautifull woman she would have become.i am truly sorry for your loss and the grief your whole family has been going through my heart goes out to all the family and friends whome started this web sight keep fighting to find the answers im shure god has a plan for the innocent and also has a plan for mr skekel woops did i say that yours truley donald george phillips
donald g phillips
tarrytown, ny US
Tuesday, July 11, 2000 @ 18:01:35 EST
- I grew up in Greenwich and was only four years younger than Martha when she was murdered. I have been obsessed with this case since then, and my rage has only increased over the years as a disgusting, worthless, arrogant creature has been able to get away with bashing in someone's skull with a golf club. To anyone who has aided and abetted Michael Skakel over the years, I hope that you will find your punishment in hell.
All my prayers go to Dorthy Moxley and her family.
Sudbury, MA US
Tuesday, July 11, 2000 @ 15:35:09 EST
- My Father was a Detroit Homicide Investigator in 1975. He was part of the group that assisted the Greenwich police with this case. He passed away in 1996 but I know he would be happy with the arrest of Michael Skakel. After all the terrible things he had seen in 30 years with the Detroit PD, my Dad was haunted by this case. He believed it was one or both of the Skakel brothers due to the nature of the crime the weapon and so on. Noone in the investigation ever believed it was someone outside of belle haven and Ken Littleton did not know Martha. It was an adolescent, high on something who knew her and could not control his anger.
Birmingham, MI US
Monday, July 10, 2000 @ 18:08:12 EST
- I found the testimony of Skakel's former boyhood friend Andy Pugh (from the last day of testimony) to be very strong. Andy testified that Skakel placed himself at the crime scene, masturbating at the time of the murder, without committing the murder - the same thing Skakel said in the Sutton reports -preposterous story! What is Skakel's IQ??does he think everyone is as dumb as he is?? No jury is going to buy it. Anyway Skakel's attorney won't let him testify,he'd trip all over his story. Andy also began to talk about Skakel's penchant for trapping,torturing and killing birds before the defense objected and cut him off.
Haven't the Skakel's and the Kennedy's been through enough 12 step programs to know that denial is a dangerous thing? Had he been honest in 1975-he'd be a free man now. He is clearly in denial.
Chicago, IL US
Monday, July 10, 2000 @ 17:57:13 EST
- I signed the guestbook some months ago but I will sign it again if it will add support to Martha's case. I have been praying for Martha ever since I first read about her. Finally he has been caught!
va beach, va US
Monday, July 10, 2000 @ 15:48:43 EST
- It's time to bring this guy down.
I am sick and tired of hearing him hide
behind the "Kennedy Group" and telling
everyone that, I will not go to Prison
because I am related to the Kennedy family.
Enough is enough.
It's time that Martha's beloved family
And Martha needs her peace.
It's way over due, bless her heart.....
God Bless you Tom,
And everyone who has never
forgotten this beloved family. May peace come very soon.
Judy White Jaehn "Lexi"
Lakeside, Ca US
Monday, July 10, 2000 @ 11:11:15 EST
- I have read both books. Dumas and Mark F.
I seldom feel the visceral wrenching I do from these books.
That you must endure all you have to bring the murderer of Martha to justice is an indictment of justice in this country, not just Greenwich.
I live in a beautiful, rural WV area, where crime is rare. I only wish that Belle Haven had been safe.
I hope that closure on this can be achieved. Kudos to Mrs. Moxley and John for their unflagging efforts to get justice.
In my thoughts and prayers and with only the best of wishes for an outcome that is just...
John W. Trammell
John W. Trammell
Procious, WV US
Sunday, July 09, 2000 @ 19:51:56 EST
- Thanks to Tom Alessi for the Moxley web page. Dorothy, you will get justice for Martha, this I promise you, just continue to hang in there. Try to read this sight every day and gather the strength all the caring people are sending to you. Love, Jane
San Anselmo, CA US
Sunday, July 09, 2000 @ 18:48:37 EST
- I sincerely hope this case gets solved.25 years is too long.
Saturday, July 08, 2000 @ 17:50:34 EST
- I don't know the nature of this website. However, I assume it relates to families whose life's were affected by tragic murders. My parents were victims of a tragic serial killer in 1969. I was still in college, and when they failed to show up at a birthday party for my wife, went to their home and discovered the horror of a very, very brutal and terible double murder. While I overcame the emotional trauma ... and with God's blessings have had a successful life. Yet, I often if the murderer, Howard Putt, will ever be released from prison. I also wonder if he has ever sought God's repentance for his sins. As a Christain, I also wonder what my reaction will be, that day when they ever decide to release him from prison.
Michael E. Dumas
Memphis, Tn US
Saturday, July 08, 2000 @ 11:35:29 EST
- This site kicks ass...
Saturday, July 08, 2000 @ 00:22:26 EST
- Has anyone considered the idea that Michael actually killed Martha and Tommy moved the body? After reading Mark Furhman's book and discussing this case with friends, it is our theory that Michael actually killed Martha, went home, climbed into his room....tommy saw him, found out what happened and went to move the body. This may be why he couldn't pass the lie detector tests and why he has changed his story to account for DNA.
This may also account for Tommy's inconsistancies with his aliby.
I just hope this finally comes to a close.
Friday, July 07, 2000 @ 18:03:21 EST
- I have just finished reading Mark Furhman's book and my heart goes out to that poor girl and her family. I have recently lost my mother to a tragic murder and I can only imagine what it would be like not to find the killer. My impression from the book and everything else I have read on this case points straight to Micheal Skakel and most definatly he should be tried as an adult because for 25 years he knew what he did and lived a full life while Martha's life was taken because of his actions even though he was 15. I hope to God that this man is tried and convicted so that the Moxley family can get on with there lives and finally know the killer is behind bars and not walking the streets freely. Once again my heart goes out to the Moxley family and I wish them only the best.
Monroe, CT US
Friday, July 07, 2000 @ 10:31:33 EST
- I just read about this terrible murder. I'm sorry to say that being a kid in this day & age, I should be used to this type of violence but reading some of the facts of this murder shocks me.To think that an innocent person that had plenty of friends & family was brutally murdered in such a horrible way back then,scares me to think of the sick people in this world.my thoughts & prayers are with her family & friends so that justice is served.
Thursday, July 06, 2000 @ 20:56:21 EST
- reading some of the things that Michael Skakel did when he was a teenager shocked me. To find out that he told people shocked me even more. How long did he pleasure himself outside of Martha's window and how many times. I truly believe he did it and cant u/stand why he wasnt arrested sooner. His family should be ashamed of not getting him any help sooner as he obviously has some serious sexual issues. If I was a Kennedy, I would wash my hands of him, there comes a point when no matter who you are what you did was beyond anything. The Kennedys should look at what he is and stop showing support, I have always loved the Kennedy family, but cant understand why they would stand by such a pervert
reading, ma US
Thursday, July 06, 2000 @ 15:50:16 EST
- PATHETIC PATHETIC PATHETIC....GEEEEEEEEE ARE WE SURPRISED PEOPLE???? That it has taken 20 yrs to bring a Kennedy to justice..Just like that plane dive off of Martha's vineyard last year will be blamed on everything but, stupid KENNEDY ARROGANCE!!!
Thursday, July 06, 2000 @ 13:28:15 EST
- Mark Furhman
I am a big fan of this guy. Damn he's so handsome and smart. I would love to meet him one day. Is there a Fan club just for mark Furhman. I would love to join.
p.s. hey, mark..i mean mr.furhamn..when are you coming to New york, for book signing??
astoria, ny US
Thursday, July 06, 2000 @ 12:28:56 EST
- The arrogance of the Kennedys and Skakels is truly appalling. Who the hell does Bobby Kennedy Jr. think he is to pontificate about an investigation and court proceeding of this magnitude? How dare he add to the Moxleys' pain? If his name had been anything other than Kennedy he'd have been locked away for heroin possession (and God knows what else that was hushed up) years ago.
Hey Bobby, have you read the Sutton reports? How does your wonderful cousin explain his lies?
Indianapolis, IN US
Wednesday, July 05, 2000 @ 23:25:16 EST
- This is the american court system at its worst...who says money can't save u from being prosecuted or even being seen as a murderer!! Such a travisty to such a good, wholesome American family!! My prayers for some justice is with you.
Las Vegas, NV US
Wednesday, July 05, 2000 @ 19:41:33 EST
- May God finally give Martha and her family peace.I could never imagine what they've gone through.I'm so glad somebody started this website so that I could express my feelings. Thank You
sun valley, nv US
Wednesday, July 05, 2000 @ 19:29:13 EST
- I just started to read the book that Mark Furmen wrote about Martha Moxley,and I could not put it down. Marthas story intrested me so much that after reading the story about what had happend I just had to find more information about her story. So I came online to see what I could find about her,and then I came across this web page. The fact that this really happend scares me. Why is it that people with money can get away with so much?Why was it that a 15 year old girl got murderd,and nothing was done about it at the time of her death,and now 20 some years later they are still trying to find out what had happend to Martha? They are just now taking Micheal to court? Its not right. I just want to say How sorry I am to the family of Martha. And I do hope they find out what really did happend the night of Oct 30,and who did this to her.
Moreno Valley, CA US
Wednesday, July 05, 2000 @ 16:52:07 EST
- The rigor of Mark Fuhrmann's detective work in "Death in Greenwich" underscores two gross injustices: in Greenwich to the Moxley family and in Los Angeles to Mr. Fuhrmann.
Warren W. Patton
Berwyn, PA US
Wednesday, July 05, 2000 @ 12:52:51 EST
- I've followed this case for years. I was born in 1957, so I was only a few years older then Martha and her murder has always troubled me deeply. I didn't hear anything for years, but always read whatever came out and always prayed that her murder would be solved someday. I was really happy whenever the case was brought to the news media and was super happy when they finally arrested someone after all these years. I always figured it was one of the neighbor boys or at least someone that they knew. I've always admired Dorothy Moxley and the courage she shows everyday in dealing with trying to find her daughter's killer. I'm glad that she's getting closer to finding the justice that she and her family deserves. I wish you and your family the best Dorothy and God Bless you and keep you in his loving arms. I'll continue to pray for you.
Port Orchard, WA US
Tuesday, July 04, 2000 @ 21:56:14 EST
- I just got through reading Mark Furhmans book. I did not know that much about this case, but am now glued to it. I know that this case will come to an end soon, and i hope that it gives closure to Martha's family and friends.
Plantation, FL US
Tuesday, July 04, 2000 @ 20:38:19 EST
- I go into this web site every day thanks to Tom Alessi.
Sorry I didn't sign sooner. Clare
Hingham , Ma US
Monday, July 03, 2000 @ 22:19:52 EST
- Martha's father David and my father Jack worked together at Touche Ross& Co.. I was 7 when it happen and my parents told us that Martha had been killed. I do not remember Martha, I do remember Dorothy (as well as my Mom's memories of her friends pain). I sincerely pray that the women that my mother called "a true testement of strenghth and courage" will find the justice that she, John and the entire Moxley family deserve!! Dorothy, God Bless you!!!!!
My mom was proud and honored that you were her friend till she died all she wanted for you and your family was PEACE and so do I!!!!
LAKE FOREST , CA US
Sunday, July 02, 2000 @ 23:11:58 EST
- i am your age martha and i hope justice will prevail in punishing your killer.(we know who to- Initials are M.S.) may god bless you and your family every day
cape cod, ma US
Sunday, July 02, 2000 @ 02:14:28 EST
- Mr. Furhman's book on this case is a brilliant work. What an ironic benefit from the O.J. debacle; they unleashed Mark Furhman to reap justice in places of indifference. The disappearing golf club handle is the most startling detail from his book. Has any further explanation been offered by former Greenwich police?? Dozens of souls were ripped open, and many lives ruined, the night that golf club was wielded. Now, only the truth can heal the victims and the perpetrators. "For this I was born and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who belongs to the truth listens to my voice" John 18:37
God bless the Moxley's, and all victims of violence.
Kansas City, MO US
Sunday, July 02, 2000 @ 00:03:41 EST
- I'm reading a book on Martha Moxley, and I think it's awfel. I can only think of what the family is going through. When I was 8, I lost my mother a week before Christmas. I found her dead, and I will never forget all the pain that I went through, and still go through.
Greenwich, CT US
Saturday, July 01, 2000 @ 15:28:19 EST
- First off I would like to say that obviously we would be all better off without web sites like this one, but given that God or whomever has decided to inhabit the planet with those that seem pure evil then these sites serve as both a memorial and a rallying point for those of us looking to collect, eulogize and grieve. The site is a credit to the originator, the current webmaster and its contributors.
And while I’ve known of the crime against Martha for a long time now, lately I can’t go a day without thinking about it or her. Certainly the current media frenzy has contributed to that, but I think there’s more. Maybe it’s because I was born in a similar time to Martha’s, maybe because my own daughter is approaching the age when Martha was brutally taken away. Maybe it’s the fact that someone out there so callously took the life away from someone that held so much promise and seems so incredibly cherished. Why someone would destroy someone like her is beyond revolting.
I would like to be a “good American” and say that Michael Skakel is innocent until proven guilty. But I have to admit my own weakness and admit that in my court he’s guilty until proven innocent. I also know that even if he is found guilty in a court of law he’ll never receive the punishment deserved. Mr. Skakel needs to spend quality time with someone equal to him in evil like say John Wayne Gacy, Richard Speck or Charles Starkweather. Since it won’t happen in Michael’s current life, I’m sure it will in the next. I would think that there is a “special” place for someone like him.
The police force of Greenwich is not above reproach. We know from all that has come out that the investigation was bungled from the word go. Combine that with the fear of the all-mighty dollar as wielded by the Skakel family, no wonder we’re talking about a situation when it took almost twice Martha’s lifetime to bring someone to justice.
Unfortunately the screwing up of murder investigations seems to be more of the rule than the exception in this country if it isn’t clear from the beginning who the killer is. In my own small rural area of western New York State we have at least 5 murders on the books since 1970 where the murderer has not charged. If it is not a suicide-murder or a family incident then more often than not the killer seems to get off clean.
The former neighbors of Martha also hold some responsibility. They may feel that they do not or did not want to get involved, but at some point they will be held responsible for their in-actions.
One thing that all the books, articles and TV programs have brought forth is that Martha was more than a victim. She was a unique person full of promise, with strengths and weaknesses. She was special like we are all special. The planet had never seen anyone like her before nor will it ever see someone exactly like her again. And that makes it hurt even more.
Olean, NY US
Saturday, July 01, 2000 @ 10:14:14 EST