1 April 2003 - 31 Dec 2003
- This case has consumed me from the time I was a small child. I have always hoped and prayed for peace and justice for the Moxley family. I have read the books and seen the D.D. movie and been utterly fascinated by both. I would truly love to meet Mrs. Dorthy Moxley in person simply because she is an extraoridinary human being and she is someone that I most genuinely admire, whole-heartedly. My thoughts an prayers are with the with you and have been from the beginning.
Dracut, ma US
Thursday, December 25, 2003 @ 19:23:38 EST
- I'm only 18 years old and i wasnt alive when she died. I read up on this story and it broke my heart. She was so young and so innocent, i dont know how anyone can do this to someone. I am extremly glad to see Mike go to jail! My heart definitly goes out to Marthas family and my Martha now rest in peace where she should be.
Sunday, December 21, 2003 @ 19:29:57 EST
- It has been 28 years since Martha was taken from her family and friends. I hope they have been able to find some peace knowing that Martha's killer is finally behind bars. I did not know Martha, but after reading about her and seeing the movie that was made about her murder I can say that she was somebody I would have loved to have known. To Dorthy and John, my prayers are with you.
Springfield, Il us
Friday, December 19, 2003 @ 17:33:39 EST
- I was so glad that Mark Fhurman was asked to investigate this horrendous murder. He had the right guy in the Simpson case and he's got the right guy in Martha's case. A very clever detective. I pray for the family's sake that this beast, Skakel will never see the light of day and the appeal fails; so the Moxley's can have their peace at last.
Bette in B.C. CANADA
Sunday, December 14, 2003 @ 03:00:14 EST
- I graduated from Greenwich High School in 1977 and will always remember what happened to Martha. I remember when we all found out in school what happened and how shocked we all were. Over the years I have often thought about this case and was so glad that an arrest was made so there could be some closure for the family. It was a terrible thing that happened and my heart goes out to the Moxley family.
Lakeland, FL US
Thursday, December 11, 2003 @ 21:29:07 EST
- Dear Mrs. Moxley,
I was so frustrated to hear of Skakel's recent appeal. I do hope that he is unsuccessful and that justice continues to be served. My thoughts are with you and your son.
Thursday, December 11, 2003 @ 17:20:59 EST
- I am so sorry. This is devastating. I am so glad that Mike Skakel was sentenced to life, he's a sick man. This is a great sight. Thank you for sharing it.
Friday, December 05, 2003 @ 17:42:34 EST
- I am just wondering, Greenwich is a small town,that isnt overwhelmed with murders, yet there are 3 high profile murders that are have been unsolved for 20 years+. Although the Moxley murder was solved, it took the investigation of an outside party to solve. Whats wrong with the Greenwich Police Department. I think they honestly need some training in solving cases, or just a plain old overhaul of their whole department. I have read and read about these cases, and have seen a ton of things that the police department ruled as "irrelevant" or "unimportant" stuff that would really make an impact on the solving of the cases. Cant they imagine what these families are going through. If I were a part of these families, I would have taken the whole investigation into my own hands, perhaps then my loved ones murderer would then be in jail. I thought in a murder investigation every little clue had relevance, you are just causing these families more grief, like their family member didnt matter. Take feelings into consideration, and look into every lead you are given, or every clue you find. You may find that you could just solve a murder or two. My condolances to everyone who lost someone. I pray for you everyday that something breaks in your case, and the monsters that have caused so much grief are brought to justice.
Grand Rapids , Mi US
Friday, November 21, 2003 @ 04:36:24 EST
- My familys heart goes out to you. i was 17yrs old when this happened. At 21 a member of my family was taken from us also. I know in time they will catch the person. Just as you have seen justice done may god bless you and keep you.
Mr & Mrs Royce
Thursday, November 20, 2003 @ 02:54:57 EST
- I would just like to say, that was one of the most horrible things that happened that night.What he did, was cold, mean, and filled with hatetred. I am glad he is being punished, but he desreves more, he deserves death, one for one.
Sunday, November 16, 2003 @ 15:10:47 EST
- It was a tragedy what happened to Martha. If other(s) were involved, I hope they pay dearly for not speaking up - whether it be Ken, the Gardner (his family), Tom, or the two men recently indicated. If Skakel is guilty, let him serve his time - if not, I hope he is released. I hope that the truth comes out. I hope evildoer(s) are punished adequately, and the innocent are set free. I can understand the pain of Dorothy Moxley of losing such a wonderful girl .. and certainly Michael is enduring a tough time in prison. I just hope someone finally admits to the crime!
Norwalk, CT US
Friday, November 14, 2003 @ 23:20:47 EST
- Hi i'd like to say that this is a very sad case. I've watched the movie and its hard to believe what happenned that night. And now Michael Skakel is paying for. Good for him. Martha you will always be remembered.
Montreal, Qc Ca
Thursday, November 13, 2003 @ 00:51:32 EST
- This is a tradgety of life and police procedures. I recently read Murder in Grenwich and it was great Mark Furman did a great job. I reminds me of my own best friends case of murder. She was killed in 1992 and there has been no real attempt to solve this case. My condolences to Dorthy and John Moxly. Thank you so much for the hope that my friends case will be solved.
Alturas, Ca US
Saturday, November 08, 2003 @ 15:05:13 EST
- I originally saw a documentary about Martha back in May. It has stuck with me ever since because so many of the pictures remind me of my own New England childhood in the 70s.
October 30, 2003
Newport, RI US
Thursday, October 30, 2003 @ 22:22:36 EST
- Dear Martha, you are being remembered today your 28th anniversary in Heaven. May God keep you in His special care and continue to watch over your family. I live not far from you and still remember that day so vividly. This old world certainly would have been a much brighter place if only you were not taken away much too soon. Much love always,
Ossining, NY US
Thursday, October 30, 2003 @ 08:54:27 EST
- Dear Martha, you are being remembered today your 28th anniversary in Heaven. May God keep you in His special care and continue to watch over your family. I live not far from you and still rememeber that day so vividly. This old world certainly would have been a much brighter place, if only you were not taken much too soon. Much love to you always,
Ossining, NY US
Thursday, October 30, 2003 @ 08:50:54 EST
- I am very sorry about what happened to your daughter. Just remember that she is in a far better place, no matter how hard things may seem. She is there waiting for you. Rest In Peace.
Sunday, October 26, 2003 @ 17:32:00 EST
- To all those who personally knew and loved Martha...
She's waiting for you in a place much better than this.
Saturday, October 25, 2003 @ 06:25:45 EST
- may she rest in peace
lancaster, oh US
Thursday, October 23, 2003 @ 16:59:52 EST
- I will pray her soul and her mother too. my sister is or was born in 1960. Martha should be the same age as my sister. I will pray.
Suring, wi US
Sunday, October 19, 2003 @ 23:03:29 EST
- I visited Greenwich a number of times in the
1980s and 90s. A family friend was a teacher in
the Greenwich public schools (Eastern Junior
High) and a resident of Greenwich (in the
Riverside township) for 35 years. He also got to
know Det. Steve Carroll socially, through the
limousine service Carroll was operating after
his retirement from the Greenwich PD. My friend
would always take me on extensive driving tours
of the Greenwich area -- through the scenic back
country, out to Tod's Point, and even through
Belle Haven, where he has friends. (The famed
guard shacks were always empty whenever we drove
through.) During one such visit in the early
1980s, he told me about a bludgeoning death that
had taken place in Belle Haven back in 1975. He
mentioned the name of the victim and that of the
killer, adding that the killer had been shuffled
through reform schools to keep him beyond the
reach of police. The former Greenwich police
detective confided to my friend that the whole
thing "was just a big cover-up." So naturally,
when I saw the killer being paraded before the
media in the early 2000s prior to his trial, my
initial thought was, Oh, so they're finally
prosecuting him after all this time... It's a
haunting story, particularly if you hold youthful
memories of the area (I first visited
Greenwich in the winter of 1981, a few months
before my 15th birthday). I recently composed a
poem inspired by and dedicated to Martha's
memory, and I would like to send it out to the
Moxley family to let them know that no matter
how much time goes by the specialness of Martha
will always be remembered.
What words could best describe
a prevailing state of mind
through which, in you, I find
the meaning of specialness
so beautifully defined?
For though they may be fine,
these others of a kind --
they may be like you,
but they are not you.
To see myself reflected
in the eyes of specialness
is more inspiring by far
than is the gaze of just anyone else.
For though they may be fine,
these others of a kind --
they may be like you,
but they are not you
nor could they ever
affect me as you do
because they are not you.
For Martha Elizabeth Moxley/2003
Friday, October 17, 2003 @ 17:18:06 EST
- This site has been an extreme help for me and my fellow peers at Apollo Middle School. Our project reflects about Martha and her murderer, Michael Skakel. He took the life of a girl who had an neverending future. Let Martha rest in peace.
Hollywood , Fl US
Friday, October 17, 2003 @ 11:43:05 EST
- I have watched the movie and read the book about the murder of Martha Moxley. I just wanted to say i pray for the family everyday and i love all of you! I hope the pain get's easier will all of the prayers. Martha Moxley you are everywhere you are in the breeze that blows and you are in our thoughts and we will always love you.
altamont, tn US
Thursday, October 16, 2003 @ 20:31:08 EST
- Justice at last
You'll never be forgotten Martha
Wednesday, October 15, 2003 @ 12:25:45 EST
- To the Moxley family: I want to offer all of my sympathies and love to your family and loved ones. I am but 21 years old and was not around at the time that Martha was wrongfully taken from us, but her story hits me somewhere deep inside. I feel a connection with Martha, after viewing pictures and reading hundreds of stories I have realized that your sweet beautiful daughter was very much like myself. Not only that, but she is exactly the same age as my mother, which is also a connection for me. I want all of the Moxley's to know that I am constantly praying for you and for Martha, that she has found peace in heaven, and that Dorthy and John have found some kind of peace in knowing that Martha's killer will finally pay for what he has done.If I had the oppotunity to visit Martha's grave, I would leave a single white rose for her, signifying her beauty, and everlasting youth, for the girl who sounds alot like me. Prayers and love.
Bethlehem, Pa US
Tuesday, October 14, 2003 @ 18:31:38 EST
- This is a really interesting web site. I hope that the recent findings leave her family in some state of peace.
Monday, October 13, 2003 @ 11:34:02 EST
- Dear Moxley family and friends, I am extremelly saddended to learn about the events leeding up to Martha's death. May God be with you through these trying times. You all need eachother. Sincerely, Ricky
El Cajon, CA US
Tuesday, October 07, 2003 @ 14:17:54 EST
- TO THE FAMILY OF THE LATE MARTHA MOXLY:
MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU FOR YOUR LOSS, THIS IS STILL GOT TO BE A DIFFERICULT MEMORY TO LIVE WITH.
A MOTHER AND FATHER LOSSING THEIR CHILD IS ONE OF LIFES WORST PAINS I THINK . I DO HOPE PEACE FOR MARTHA AND THAT SHE MAY REST.
SHE IS STILL WITH YOU EVEYDAY IN YOUR HEART .
orlando, fl US
Thursday, October 02, 2003 @ 22:54:03 EST
- Dear Mrs. Moxley:
As each day takes from us,
a little more time, a little more trust,
we look around
hoping a moment can be found. When we look at ourselves
and know we give people help,
let us pick up the pieces that fell.
So, God, our soul will call.
For our hearts to light
then what is in them must be right,
so, as we make our way,
through this old world each day,
we will come to know,
that heaven is our home.
Then we will everyday be glad,
knowing once there, we will no more be sad.
Best wishes to you and your family, my prayers are with you!
westby, wi US
Thursday, October 02, 2003 @ 11:29:19 EST
- Dear Dorthy,
Our hearts and prayers are with you! The jerk will recieve his for this crime. Taking a 15 yr girls life away from you and her friends.
I am 24 and born in 1978, so I wasn't born during the murder case. But from reading the book *MURDER IN GREENWICH* I feel that I know Martha. This evil jerk needs help, he's vile, disgusting for doing this! What was going through his skulls is what I like to know, you know! God Bless you Dorthy. Martha's memory will be forever remembered.
To take a young girls life is kidnapping but killing so much worse!, My husbands and myself would like to give you our sympathy to you and to her friends. He won't be dening anything soon. When you go in the inside wall, others will find out what he did and he'll pay for what he did to your dear sweet beautiful martha, the girl who never had the chance to strive, the girl who will never graduate from high school, the girl who won't be able to have a family of her own.
Our love, prayers,& sympathy is with you Mrs. Dorthy Moxley.
*SOON MARTHA WILL REST IN PEACE AND HAVE JUSTICE, YOU & HER FRIENDS WILL HAVE JUSTICE*
*GOD BLESS YOU*
Heather Shields :):):):):)
Kansas City, MO US
Wednesday, October 01, 2003 @ 21:03:20 EST
- What a tragedy!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you Martha!!
dallas, tx US
Wednesday, October 01, 2003 @ 09:34:06 EST
- Such a wonderful loss! I am so glad that they caught the jerk who did this. May God Bless the Moxley Family and her dear friends.
Memphis , TN US
Tuesday, September 30, 2003 @ 01:01:34 EST
- To the Family and Friends of Martha Moxley,
First of all I would just like to say how wonderful it is of you all to dedicate such an outstanding website to such a remarkable young lady, she was truly blessed to have you all in her lives. This website has enabled me to see what a enchanting person Martha was and how she in her death has impacted so many lives. I recently lost a best friend and I know the pain that you feel for your loss. This information has given me hope to go on and believe in justice, no matter how long it takes. Thank you for your effort to give back through Martha's death. God Bless you all from the bottom of my heart.
Meridian , MS US
Saturday, September 27, 2003 @ 21:04:34 EST
- Last night, I saw something that gave me this emptiness feeling inside. I saw a little girl, who seemed young, smart, funny, and beautiful, murdered out of a jelous rage. I felt all this emotion build up inside myself, but had no way to release it. I was angry at knowing that the skakel family could get away with murder because of their money and connections. I was disgusted that it took so long to solve this case, with no help from the local PD. I felt sad for this little girl who had her life taken away from her so brutily. But most of all, I was happy to see that smile on Dorothy Moxley's face after Micheal was sentenced. I also admired her strength and dedication to her daughter, and those beautiful words she spoke, "This is truly Martha's Day." Well, it truly is. To all those affected by this tragedy, Be strong and never forget!
Buffalo, NY US
Saturday, September 27, 2003 @ 13:23:46 EST
I am truly sorry for your loss Mrs.Moxley. Martha is in a better place. Martha Elizabeth Moxley 1960-1975 may you rest in peace free you spirit.
Ocean Gate, NJ US
Friday, September 26, 2003 @ 18:49:02 EST
- I think we all know that the little tree climbing masturbator killed Martha ! Now we get to hear about Kobe cousin and caveman killing crap. Next we will hear OJ had a role in the killing too !!Lets make sure we keep the fat slug in prison..Or better yet//Let him out.. So Marthas family can use a golf club on his round head !!
East Providence, RI US
Friday, September 26, 2003 @ 01:00:01 EST
- My sincere condolences to the Moxley family. I know that you have a very special guardian angel. God Bless.
Belleville, Il US
Thursday, September 25, 2003 @ 18:05:48 EST
- It is such a tragedy what happened..... I can't believe anyone will ever do this...... even though i wasn't born when martha was murdered i still feel upset about what happened... best wishes to the moxley's and may martha's soul rest in peace....
clermont, FL US
Thursday, September 25, 2003 @ 14:20:59 EST
- Was a short life for Martha Moxley. I hope she is at peace, now.
My prayers are with the Moxely family.
Ben J. huddleston
Seattle , WA US
Thursday, September 25, 2003 @ 10:48:57 EST
- Ever since I saw the movie on USA about Martha Moxley, I've been hooked on what happened. It's sad (for lack of a better term) that it took so many years for her murder to be found. It's disheartning that something so cruel could be left open on the table for so long. I'm releaved that this was solved. Martha Moxley will forever be in the hearts of thousands of people who never knew her, would never know her, and would have one day blessed the lives of. I pay my deepest respect to her family and friends. She won't be forgetten. Not now, not ever.
Greensboro, N US
Monday, September 22, 2003 @ 22:29:08 EST
- I've been all over your site and other related areas of the internet seeking more information regarding your horrific loss. What a glorious tribute you've created to a remarkable girl!
With the guilty SOB behind bars, I hope closure has been found for all who knew and therefore loved Martha.
It disgusts me to know that Skakel won't admit to his crime and that others out there may have had information on this case all those years ago~ Take solace in knowing that everyone will have there day in God's court and will ultimately answer for all injustices committed.
Charleston, SC US
Monday, September 22, 2003 @ 16:30:54 EST
- Marth Moxley will be remembered always
Monday, September 22, 2003 @ 14:56:57 EST
- My prayers go out to the Moxley family. Martha made a big impact in so many peoples lives. Her smile was sunshine. May she always be remembered. May God bless the Moxley Family.
Houston, TX US
Monday, September 22, 2003 @ 13:46:55 EST
- My wishes are that Martha and her family will find peace. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless You.
Trumbull, CT US
Monday, September 22, 2003 @ 03:56:03 EST
- I am 17 years of age and I have watched the movie based on Martha Moxley's murder, Murder in Greenwich. I was really touched and very sadened by this movie and what happened to her. She was a very pretty girl and I am sure she would've had a great future ahead of her. Dorthy, I am very sorry for your loss. I cannot even begin to imagine what it was like for you to lose your daughter. I just don't understand how jealousy can over take some one's mind so much that they commit a mindless and selfish act as they did. And another thing that really amazes me is how many people were too scared to accuse who they thought did it, because of money, fame, and relativity to the Kennedy's. In God's eyes, relativity doesn't matter. But to everyone in Greenwich/Belle Haven it did. He went free for many years after he commited this murder and now that he has finally been caught you, Dorthy, can rest a little better. I was very pleased that someone had actually been caught and sentenced, until I read that he only got 20 yrs, because of the fact he was a juvenille when he commited this careless act.
Thank you for your time. You can contact me any time you would like.
Mesquite, TX US
Monday, September 22, 2003 @ 00:43:56 EST
- TONIGHT WAS MY SECOND NIGHT WATCHING THE MOVIE MURDER IN GREENWICH. IT WAS ONE OF THE SADEST (TRUE STORY) MOVIES I'VE EVER WATCHED. I HAVE BEEN ON THE INTERNET READING ARTICLES FOR THE PAST TWO HOURS JUST WANTING TO KNOW MORE AND MORE ABOUT MARTHA. IT IS A SHAME WHAT HAPPENED TO HER ITS ALMOST UNBEARABLE TO THINK ABOUT. BUT, THERE HAS FINALLY BEEN JUSTICE DONE. I KNOW I WILL ALWAYS THINK ABOUT MARTHA AND HER TRAGIC END. I KNOW SHE IS IN A BETTER PLACE AND HER AND HER LOVED ONES WILL BE REUNITED. I HOPE GOD BLESSES HER FRIENDS AND FAMILY. MAY SHE REST IN PEACE.
HILLIARD, FL US
Sunday, September 21, 2003 @ 20:04:20 EST
- I just finished watching the USA movie about Martha Moxley, and I am in tears. I had heard about her before, but I never really thought about it. It truly saddens me to know that Martha lost her life at such a young age, and in such a horrible way. I'm glad someone cared enough to keep this case open, and finally solved the murder. It's such a shame. I will forever keep Martha Moxley and her family in my prayers...and I know that Martha is now in a place where she will never hurt and she is watching over her friends and family.
May all of you finally have peace.
<3- Bliss Zaborsky
Tampa, FL US
Sunday, September 21, 2003 @ 17:33:47 EST
- ...Just watched the story on the USA network and came to the computer. To the family I would like to express my deepest sympathy and hopes that finally; after all these years, you find closure. And to the law enforcement in that area,"WHAT A SHAME"...
Centre, Al US
Sunday, September 21, 2003 @ 17:07:28 EST
- Hi My name is sarah and this story of marthat has touched my heart. even though her life was short she will leave in the hearts of the people who got to learn the truth and her story. my heart gose out to the family
Huntsville, ON canada
Saturday, September 20, 2003 @ 18:51:01 EST
- After reading and watching Martha's story Iam glad to see that her killer has been convicted, and that the Moxley family can finally have closure. I come from a small town, where a young girl my age went missing two years ago. It breaks my heart to see this case unsolved and I hope one day it is. All the best to Martha's family!
Sooke, BC CANADA
Monday, September 15, 2003 @ 16:09:28 EST
- Loving thoughts to the Moxley family-just finished watching the movie with my 16 yr. old daughter-----very sad, but well done.
GodBless You all!
Barb & Brittany Smith
panama city, fl US
Saturday, September 13, 2003 @ 23:49:35 EST
- Just finished watching the movie with my 16year old daughter. Our prayers and thoughts to the Moxley family. This will be another one of "Martha's Days"-we will remember with loving memory.
panama city, fl US
Saturday, September 13, 2003 @ 23:48:23 EST
- God Bless the Moxley family. After all these years I'm relieved that you have finally got justice for losing someone you loved. Remember Martha is watching over you from heaven! God Bless YOU!
Saturday, September 13, 2003 @ 18:36:24 EST
- im sorry for your loss and hope now you can take solace in skakel's conviction. God Bless and may Martha finally rest in peace.....
old saybrook, ct US
Saturday, September 13, 2003 @ 04:08:05 EST
- To the Moxley's,
I don't pretend to know what kind of pain the both of you have suffered all the years but I hope now that you can take some solace in Michael Skakel's conviction. Having grown up in Old Saybrook CT. and having found myself a buff for unsolved crimes this one needless to say hit pretty close to him. I'm 28 years old now and I was an infant the time of the murder so 1975 events have always caught my interest, but this tragedy even more so. I obviously never knew Martha but I'm sure now she shines in a better place while Skakel lies in darkness behind the cells of prison. I don't know if anyone can really say whether or not Skakel is truly sorry for what he did and will ever feel that interminable pain that you people must live with everyday, but atleast having been put away he'll be forced to acknowledge his unconscionable act of 1975 more closely. For 27 years Skakel and friends have avoided the truth but no more and thank god for that. Mrs Moxley and John I wish you all the best and I hope you rest easy in knowing that Martha's memory, while huge in your hearts, is also somewhat present to people who didn't even know her. Once again, my deepest regards for your family and God Bless!
Old Saybrook, CT
Smiths Grove, KY US
Saturday, September 13, 2003 @ 03:37:00 EST
- Finally Justice for Martha Moxley after all these years!It breaks my heart what Martha went through that horrible night.she was a beautiful , bright young lady ,who had a great future ahead of her.I believe that god has a special place for Martha in heaven.Martha may god always surround you with his beautiful angels.I know that your at peace.Sleep with the angels Martha.God Bless you Martha Moxley.
Hollidaysburg,, PA US
Thursday, September 11, 2003 @ 01:23:49 EST
- After so many years have gone by i hope your family finally has peace. I have lost a child also and i know the pain can be great. I keep your family in my prayers. Sincerely someone who understands! Julia
Julia L Black
Indianapolis, IN US
Thursday, September 11, 2003 @ 00:16:13 EST
- The first time I ever heard about this story was about 3 years ago. One of my friends had the book " Muder in Greenwich", after I read the book Ive been interested. I then watched the movie on tv. Im glad justice is finally served. God bless the Moxleys. Rest In Peace Martha.
McDowell, Ky US
Wednesday, September 10, 2003 @ 23:23:35 EST
- A couple years ago, when i was 14, my mom got Mark Fuhrman's book from the library. I read it on Halloween, not knowing anything about this case. After reading it I knew that one day Martha's killer would get caught and I would tell anyone who listened about it. Every time I think about her and her death I cry, even though I do not know her. I would just like to say how glad i am that Michael is in jail and now Martha can rest peacefully.
Hartland, Wi US
Wednesday, September 10, 2003 @ 20:05:50 EST
- I was relived that justice was FINALLY done to Martha's killer. These new allegations about someone else killing her, to me anyway, is bogus. They have the right killer behind bars and should leave well enough alone. Let Martha rest in peace.
Heather G. Copeland
Plaquemine, LA US
Monday, September 08, 2003 @ 23:17:55 EST
- May Martha rest in peace and her killer(s) be brought to justice.
Colorado Springs, CO US
Monday, September 08, 2003 @ 23:13:09 EST
- I'M SO SORRY FOR MARTHA, I FEEL LIKE I KNOW HER. I HAVE READ ALL THE STORIES AND THE MOVIE MADE ME CRY FOR DAYS. I VISITED HER GRAVE LAST YEAR AND READ POEMS TO HER. REST IN PIECE.
BETHAL PARK, PA US
Monday, September 08, 2003 @ 08:48:12 EST
- May she continue to live in our hearts.
The monster who took martha's life is put behind bars , but I think bars aren't enough.
Maybe she continue to live in our hearts.
Sunday, September 07, 2003 @ 10:51:53 EST
- There supposedly is new evidence about Michael not being guilty. The news says that people broke in and stole golf club"s" of the Skakal's. If only one club was missing from the set, then only one person was involved in the murder and this new "evidence in questioning" is untrue and the fact that only one club was missing from the set is being overlooked!!
sharpsville, pa US
Saturday, September 06, 2003 @ 21:21:24 EST
- I am very sorry about what happened to Martha! I wasn't even born yet but I can't help wanting to cry when I read about her! She was beautiful and sounds like she was full of life! I'm glad you can know rest easy know that her killer is behind bars. My thoughts and prayers are with you!
Thursday, September 04, 2003 @ 14:57:37 EST
- I have watched the movie about Martha and I am so so sorry this happened to her. I didn't know her but, she was a nice good hearted young girl. My heart goes out to her and her family. Martha is in my heart and prayers. GOD BLESS!!
Franky Marie Reese
Bowie, MD US
Tuesday, September 02, 2003 @ 21:32:40 EST
- I recently rented Murder In Greenwich from my local video shop.What happened to Martha was to terrible for words and I believe she is safe now in a better place.Justice has at last been done and I hope the sentence brings a little peace to Marthas family
Monday, September 01, 2003 @ 09:57:49 EST
- My heart goes out to the Moxley family..Martha was so full of life and seemed to be blossoming in to a beautiful girl ..sadly the only thing she didn't have was much time on this earth..Not all personally knew her but are touched by her life and the person she was going to become. I'm sure she is smiling down and lighting up the stars just alittle more
Langhorne, Pa US
Thursday, August 28, 2003 @ 14:02:43 EST
- Thanks, again for this website! Best wishes and much love to Dorthy and her family.
Houston, TX US
Thursday, August 28, 2003 @ 12:50:29 EST
- I have watched the movie,and read the book and cryed so many times. I felt like Ive known her all my life. Im only 14 but I wish I could have prevented what happened. SHE kind of had this glow about her, she was such a pretty girl.
suger grove , VA US
Wednesday, August 27, 2003 @ 16:19:01 EST
- Even though I'm only 15 years old, I feel as though I've known Martha all my life. Just thinking about her cheerfulness and bright smile lightens up my day. I'm glad justice is being served, although it should have been served long ago. I'm sorry he can't feel your pain, all the pain these victims have endured.
Thursday, August 21, 2003 @ 00:58:30 EST
- hold on to the memories....dont let them go
Thursday, August 21, 2003 @ 00:13:44 EST
- dear moxley family and friends,
i am only forteen soon to be 15 but i just wanted to let you all know that i prey for you every night. i have been reading everything that i can about this case and i feel like martha could have been one of my friends.i wrote to miss dorothy moxley but i regret to add that i do not beleive that she recieved it, i wish to ask if you know her to send my apoligies and prayers.
andi 14/15 years old
canton, GA US
Wednesday, August 20, 2003 @ 16:57:40 EST
- Martha Moxleys lovely light continues to burn bright. It will never go out. I Love You Martha.
Dallas, TX US
Wednesday, August 20, 2003 @ 09:04:25 EST
- Today would be Martha's 43rd birthday. I am so sorry that Martha is not here to celebrate it. To Dorthy and John Moxley: God Bless You.
(also a GHS sopohomore in 1975)
Riverside, CT US
Saturday, August 16, 2003 @ 05:03:48 EST
- That's so sad about martha! I just saw the movie about her on tv the other day, im only 15, and it really made me think! That's so sad I wish she was still here today!
Sheridan, IL US
Wednesday, August 13, 2003 @ 23:05:36 EST
- Its too bad Martha couldn't be here with us today, she never had the chance to blossom. We just had a 'murder' happen where i live, that of beautiful Ardeth Wood. She reminds me of Martha. I'm glad to see justice has prevailed in the end for her.
Tuesday, August 12, 2003 @ 16:33:09 EST
- HI, MY NAME IS AMANDA MENGUAL,
I WANTED TO TELL YOU WHAT A HONOR IT IS TO SIGN THIS BOOK. I WASN'T BORN UNTILL 1977, BUT WHEN I HEARD AND SAW THIS MOVIE I BOUGHT IT RIGHT AWAY. I AM GOING TO SCHOOL TO WORK IN CRIMINAL JUSTICE. I HAVE BEEN GLUED TO THIS CASE. I AM SO SORRY FOR YOUR DAUGHTER MARTHA MOXLEY. I WISH I COULD SAY MORE OR DO MORE FOR YOU BUT I AM A LITTLE LATE. THANK YOU
BLACK DIAMOND, WA US
Tuesday, August 12, 2003 @ 12:12:43 EST
Twenty-some odd years ago,
a tragic tale would soon unfold.
The plot will change along the way...
and haunt us to this very day.
back in nineteen seventy five,
a sophomore at belle haven high,*
is walkin' back home late one night,
singin' this will be the day that i die.
with brothers bidding for her love,
she was caught up in the middle of,
savages in tennis shoes,
smokin' dope and drinkin' booze.
on the night of her demise,
choices made were ill-advised.
she placed her fate into the hand,
of someone thought of as a friend.
bridge: it seems everyone who met her,
say they never will forget het.
and although i never knew her...
i live as though i owe it to her.
twenty-some odd years go by,
yet justice would not be denied.
no longer waiting by the phone...
a mother saw her daughter home.
ps: "no friend who loves will ever die"**
though death will come to all in time.
our time is short, live free and fast..
today could be your very last!
* i didn't want to use the name of the actual school. (greenwich high)
** first line is a quote taken from poet Edgar Guest. (page 5 of "MURDER IN GREENWICH" by Mark Fuhrman.
copyright 2003 dalton younger
phoenix, azs US
Thursday, August 07, 2003 @ 14:22:09 EST
- i first watched the movie then read the book. and i am a 16 year old female.. it just upsets me wat has happened...and i am glad michael got wat he deseved...
lenoir, nc US
Wednesday, August 06, 2003 @ 15:04:59 EST
- I just today got back from the town of Greenwich. And Iknow that she lived in a wonderful town. And that the people of the town will miss her forever as will the world. I am glad that he got what he should have. He should live in prison all of his LIFE.
Frederick, MD US
Saturday, August 02, 2003 @ 20:00:30 EST
- My boyfriend (20) and I (17) rented the movie (Murder in Greenwich) a few hours ago and just finished watching it. When I saw the movie on the shelf at the video store, I just had to rent it because it had captured my interest somehow. It's a such a sad story. Martha was such a pretty, fun, out going girl and she didn't deserve any of this. But it happend and I'm so glad that justice was served even if it took a long time. I'm also glad that her story was shared with everyone, so then we would all know about this and think about her. Well Martha, always know that everyone loves you and misses you and I know the world would've been a better place if you were in it =)
Soumaly & Vanpheun
Kitchener, Ont Canada
Saturday, August 02, 2003 @ 04:13:15 EST
- I did my final paper on this investigation, talk about stupidity...
Martha will be missed even by those who never were able to know her and the world has become a smaller place without her.
Flint, MI US
Wednesday, July 30, 2003 @ 23:59:53 EST
- Martha was such a beautiful girl. Extraorinary beautiful. I wish that she didn't have to die. Martha, we love you. The whole world loves you and misses you. We wished this had not of happen to you.
Salt Lake City, UT US
Wednesday, July 30, 2003 @ 13:58:41 EST
- I Was up late one night after going out with my friends and i was watching City Confidential on A&E and the city was Greenwich, As it was so late i fell asleep before the conclusion of it and i missed the who done it. I was lucky enough to come across "Murder In Greenwich" in the movie store and rented it a once cuz i had to know. I am 14 and this story kinda makes you think "what if" this could happen to ne1. But yeah ne wayz i really touched by this.
Calgary, AB CA
Monday, July 28, 2003 @ 02:09:31 EST
- I just watched the documentary about Martha and indeed it was a sad story. She seemed to have run with the wrong crowd and the Skakels were just plain messed up. They may have the wrong guy but I am sure the one of the Skakels did kill her. I just pray she is resting in peace
Cleveland, OH US
Saturday, July 26, 2003 @ 22:43:15 EST
- I just seen the movie today and I thought it was a very sad story and I am glad the Moxley family has closure!
Lake Wales, FL US
Monday, July 21, 2003 @ 19:29:58 EST
- I hope Martha can now rest in peace
justice has been done
london, en Uk
Monday, July 21, 2003 @ 11:27:45 EST
- I'm glad the family finally has closure. Moving on now is all they can do. But friends and family will never forget.
Halifax, NS Cda
Sunday, July 20, 2003 @ 21:20:05 EST
- I am glad form Martha and her family to finally have closure. It was awful what Michael did, justice finally got him.
Columbia, SC US
Tuesday, July 15, 2003 @ 12:54:25 EST
- I am very happy that the Moxleys finally have some closure.The pain that Mrs.Moxley has had to endure over the years has had to be unbearable at times.I've followed this case for years and have sort of always felt an indirect connection with Martha being only six months older.May she rest in peace.
Dan J Dertien
Nanaimo, BC Canada
Sunday, July 13, 2003 @ 00:50:55 EST
- I just watched a documentary on the story of Martha Moxley. I have one child, a thirteen year old daughter who is the light of my life. I'm not sure I could function if anything were to happen to her. Also, a friend/coworker just lost her 32 year old daughter when she drowned in Destin trying to save a young boy's life. As my friend whispered to me at the wake, it is a mother's worst nightmare. Parents are not supposed to outlive their children. I teach nursing school and am also in the military part-time. I know a young lady in my wing who is a single parent with two children and struggling financially to make it through nursing school. I will be contacting you for scholarship information. My thoughts and prayers are with Martha's friends and family.
New Orleans, LA US
Saturday, July 12, 2003 @ 22:58:57 EST
- I have read pretty much every article about Martha Moxley and her murder case. I feel for her family and friends. Although I am only 12, I understand most of what is happening today. Michael Skakel should be in jail, and I am glad he is, he murdered Martha. I feel like I know Martha as one of my true friends. I want to visit her grave at one point in my life. I want to visit her house, read everything there is about this case, and see anything related to this. This may sound corny but I miss Martha although I don't even know her!
Stilwell, KS US
Tuesday, July 08, 2003 @ 13:33:35 EST
- I don't really have that much to say, for I am really only 14 years old, but I would like to say that I am very sorry to all of the loved ones of Martha. I fell very deeply for all of you. You may be thinking that I probablly don't know very much about this, and you are probablly right, but I do understand a great part of it. I just finished watching "Murder in Greenwich", and I was completly shocked about everything that happened. Martha was a beautiful girl. And there are some parts of her life that remind me a lot of mine now. I am just about the age that she was when she was killed. I have never felt so strongly about something like this. I had to come on the internet and look up any information that I could find, because it interested me so much. I just couldn't believe that someone could do something like that to someone so incredible. I mean I know that I didn't know her personally, but after reading part of her diary, and watching that movie I really feel like I know her, because her and I seem so much alike. I could probablly write forever, but I will stop here. I just want all of the people that were close to Martha that they are in my prayers and always will be.
Tamaqua, PA US
Monday, June 30, 2003 @ 04:28:09 EST
- Martha is a girl whom I can very much relate to as I grew up in Sacramento, CA in the mid 70's as a teen and the girls I knew of those times were similar. I could only imagine how badly it would have affected me if something so terrible would have happened to any of them like Martha. So somehow I can relate and connect to Martha and it brings me to tears to know what happened to her, I am glad Justice has prevailed in this case. I pray for Martha's family and friends for peace.
Ridgecrest, CA US
Sunday, June 29, 2003 @ 00:06:06 EST
- My wife and I saw the movie "Murder in Greenwish", and were shocked by all that happened. Our hearts are now with the Moxley's. We know that Martha Moxley is still alive in the hearts of all, and she's indeed alive in the hands of God. We say a prayer for Martha and her family, may all of them be blessed.
San Jose, CR
Monday, June 23, 2003 @ 10:48:52 EST
- I recently saw "Murder in Greenwich", and I must say that I am very grateful that justice was served, but unfortunately, nothing can bring Martha back. I know Martha is in Heaven and watching over all of this. My prayers and love go out to the Moxley family. God Bless.
Toms River, NJ US
Saturday, June 21, 2003 @ 23:41:29 EST
- Like you we have just had a beautiful daughter of our own, and cannot imagine all the pain and suffering you have been through these past years. We are happy to know that justice has prevailed for your daughter and family. God bless you you are in our prayers.
Ronald & Rebecca DiSalvo
Ronkonkoma, NY US
Wednesday, June 18, 2003 @ 03:22:06 EST
- Dear Moxley family-
I just watched the movie "Murder in Greenwich" and I never really understood the whole story. I have heard about it before but I thought since it hit close to home that I would check it out. All I have to say is god bless and I'm very happy that justice was found. May Martha rest in peace and best of luck to all of her amily and friends...
Sean P. Mogridge
Norwalk, CT US
Tuesday, June 17, 2003 @ 03:19:25 EST
- Hey I'm Really Sorry For You Lost...I Read The Book And Just Watched The Movie. And To Det. Mark Fuhrman You Get A Great Job Of Finding Who Killed Martha...My Love Goes Out To The Moxley Family And Friends...Always Remember Martha Moxley
Fresno, California US
Friday, June 13, 2003 @ 22:52:49 EST
- To all of those who have become a victim in one way or another by this unthinkable crime - my thought and prayers are with you. Always remember MARTHA`
Tuesday, June 10, 2003 @ 21:23:58 EST
- Dear Dorthy, Hi have already spoken to a couple of years ago on this site and wished you all the best and was on your mailing list for many months. When the news hits Australia in regards to Michaels conviction I was well informed and ecstatic about the result! Funny thing was, my birthday is the 29th of Ausgust!!! Always thinking of you..Regards Jill
Melbourne, vic australia
Tuesday, June 10, 2003 @ 07:09:21 EST
- Its such a shame that a man would use God almighty's name to try and get out of what he did. Its such a shame. God bless the family of this beautiful young lady. She was so precious, but now she is with her creator, something i'm jealous of:) Its just great that the people who knew her got to spend time with her. Those moments were special. I love this site..very imformative. Thanks much!
Monday, June 09, 2003 @ 12:06:38 EST
- I followed the case of Martha's senseless murder after watching a special about it several years ago.
It is difficult to comprehend the enormity of the crime commited against Martha and her family. However, the Skakles had money and power, which they used to the extent that they could and prevented the Moxley family from enjoying justice and peace of mind. Something that they so clearly deserve. I am glad to see that the noose finally tightened around the neck of Martha's killer. How dare he be allowed to live a life of happiness and normalcy after what he did.
I am happy that Martha and her family can rest with the knowledge that justice has prevailed and trumped the "money card" that the Skakle family has been playing since day one.
For their participation, the members of the Skakle family will all have their day in court. At least in God's court. For you will all have to answer for your parts in this horrible injustice.
My heartfelt congratulations go out to Mrs. Moxley, John Moxley and the memory of Martha. I am sorry that your triumph over evil took 27 years and that Martha's promising life was ended so senselessly and abruptly.
CONGRATUALTIONS! I wish you (the Moxley's) all the happiness you can enjoy.
All my best,
Bridgeport, OH US
Monday, June 09, 2003 @ 07:47:57 EST
- I am so sorry for your loss and Michel will get his if not from his family then from the LORD cause "What you reap is what u soe" God Bless You and your family. Bye!
aurora, co US
Thursday, June 05, 2003 @ 20:22:40 EST
- I hope Michael Skakel had a bad day today. Every day for him should be a bad day. Rest in peace Martha. The world was cheated out of a beautiful life.
Cincinnati, OH US
Wednesday, June 04, 2003 @ 15:49:00 EST
- mrs moxley-
i am so sorry for your loss of a beautiful young girl. a life taken from a person who had no right. although justice has been served i cant help to feel that it has not. the man that killed her got to go on living a much longer life than martha. and to top it off, people knew about it and i feel they too should be punished. i cant imagine the grief that you have encountered with such a long on going investigation and not knowing the truth. i am very grateful for you to have finally found closure. although none of use knew martha personally, i feel she now and will always be a part of our hearts and will all be one day reunited with martha. god bless you..
fontana, ca US
Tuesday, June 03, 2003 @ 15:38:42 EST
I watched the movie "Murder in Greenwich" it's good movie. it was very sad about Martha Moxley who murdered was in 1975 but why does Michael freedom for 27 years ??? it's not fair. What's matter with cops and detectives ? Finally, Michael went to jail for 20 years to his life. REST OF HIS LIFE ! I never ever know Martha Moxey when I came into this world when she was 12 years old and she was murdered when I was 3 years old. I can't imagine that Martha supposed be 43 years old now. Dorothy must be missed to see grandchildren if Martha married and have children. I would like go to Greenwich and visit Martha's grave someday. Rest of peace.
Tuesday, June 03, 2003 @ 01:40:49 EST
- I just got done watching the movie "Murder in Greenwich". I had previously seen some TV specials about it and have become very interested in learning more about what happened. I think that this website is a great tribute to Martha. My deepest sympathy goes out to her family and freiends...
Friday, May 30, 2003 @ 17:44:25 EST
- This is a very nice tribute to Martha. God Bless. Bob
Dallas, TX US
Thursday, May 29, 2003 @ 22:50:57 EST
- Mrs. Moxley and family. I was delighted to read of the guilty verdict and sentencing of Michael Skakel. 20 years to life. He has enjoyed 27 years of freedom he denied to Martha. He has married and had children, experiances he denied Martha. I am sad for you because even though the person responsible for the loss of your child is now in prison, you too have been denied the experiances of Martha's growing into womanhood. I read your letter and the pain was evident in every line. You fought hard and long for your child and now it is time for you to move on. You deserve to enjoy the rest of your life, don't let skakel deprive you of that too. I wish you peace. Regards Kathy W.
Wednesday, April 09, 2003 @ 20:10:45 EST
- Dear Moxleys:-
Congratulations on your much deserved win.
Those youths that lived across the street were disgusting, they'll surely rot.
Martha, enjoy Heaven, you were like a shining light in a dark place.
Tuesday, April 08, 2003 @ 12:12:13 EST
- Nice website.
Port Crane, NY US
Monday, April 07, 2003 @ 10:54:25 EST
- Nice website.
Port Crane, NY US
Monday, April 07, 2003 @ 10:54:11 EST
- Skakel was done in by Elan.
Cape Cod, MA US
Sunday, April 06, 2003 @ 11:53:46 EST